Happy New Year, everyone! It’s 2015! Time for resolutions and gym memberships. I was really happy with my reading last year. Hopefully I can continue being successful this year. I’ve decided to put together a list of goals and challenges to help keep me on track. Let me know what your plans are or leave a link to your post if you’ve already made one. 🙂
- Book Buying Ban
- As most of you can tell, I have a book buying problem. I tend to buy more books in a few months than I can possibly read in that time and because of that I end up with more TBR books than read books.
- For this ban I will need to finish 5 books before I’m allowed to buy 1. The only exception to this will be sequels. I’ll allow myself to buy sequels for series I’ve already started.
- Less wrap-ups/More full reviews
- Doing the wrap-ups every month became really stressful. It almost made me not want to read more books because I didn’t want to post a review for so many at once. If I focus my energy on more full reviews and less short reviews, I think it will be better for me.
- Do something about unfinished books
- I have a few books that I’ve started but haven’t really done anything with since I stopped reading them. I want to either DNF or finish reading them this year. I may end up donating some of the books I haven’t enjoyed or don’t plan on reading so someone else can enjoy them.
- Read 3 Classics
- I’m not sure which ones I want to read yet, but I have plenty on my shelves just waiting for me.
- Read 4 Stephen King books
- I have 16 of his books, and I’ve only read one and started another one. I would like to change that because so far I enjoy his writing style and want to see what all the fuss is about. Horror is also a genre I’ve been focused on, so it’ll work out great.
- Right now I’m thinking about reading the following:
- The Shining
- Pet Sematary
- Undecided as of now
- Read a total of 52 books
- Every year I’ve tried to increase the amount of books I read. For 2014, I wanted to read 40 books, and I managed to read 60. This year, I’m going to shoot for 52 but hopefully I can pull off reading more than 60. We shall see how it goes.
- Finish That Series Challenge (created by bethjune327)
- I have a problem with starting a series and never finishing it, so I want to change that. In 2015, I want to finish some of the series I’ve been putting off, and I think this challenge will be a big help.
- Some of the series I’ve been neglecting are:
- The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
- The Waking Trilogy by Thomas Randall
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- And many more . . .
- Guidelines for this challenge are:
- Series must be FINISHED in order for them to count.
- If the series isn’t complete yet, you must read up to the most recent book in said series.
- Novellas are optional.
- You do not have to start the series in 2015, just finish it.
- The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December of 2015.
Wish me luck with my reading this year. We’ll recap in December to see what all I’ve failed to achieve . . . oh wait, I’m supposed to be positive with this. I’m doomed already. 🙂