I’ve decided to participate in the BookTubeAThon! Even though it’s titled booktube anyone is allowed to participate regardless of whether or not you post videos on Youtube. There are video challenges for those on Youtube, but I’m just going to stick with the reading challenges.
The readathon begins on Monday, July 14th and ends on Monday, July 21st. There’s more information about the rules and what is happening during this particular week on the BookTubeAThon Youtube page. Plus, there’s a 10% off coupon for the Book Depository, so check it out if you’re interested.
- A book with pictures.
- Start and finish a series.
- A book with red on the cover.
- A book someone else picks out for you.
- A book from the genre you’ve read the least this year.
- A book to movie adaptation.
- Read seven books (and/or average of 300 pages a day).
I’m going to try and accomplish all of the challenges. I know I probably won’t be able to complete them all, but it’s going to be fun to try and read a bunch of books this week. One positive is that books can count for more than one challenge, so it doesn’t have to be a different book for each challenge. However, no book can be used in more than two challenges. Here are the books on my TBR:
- Saga – Brian K. Vaughan
- The Night Angel Trilogy – Brent Weeks
- Shadow’s Edge – Brent Weeks
- Perfect Shadow – Brent Weeks
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald (Classic)
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I’m going to try for the 300 pages a day, but if I can’t then I’ll choose another small book to add to my list.
This is one crazy list, I know. The start and finish a series is the only one I wasn’t sure I would find anything for because I don’t have any complete series that are unread on my shelves besides The Night Angel Trilogy. I’ve been meaning to read this trilogy for a while now, and this is a perfect time and reason to focus on getting it done. Let me know if you are going to participate or if there are any other readathons or readalongs coming up that I should look into.