While looking through videos on Youtube, I came across this particular book tag. Several people have been doing it, and it seemed like fun. I decided that I wanted to try it out. Of course I won’t be doing a video like most, but I figured I would post about my attempt. I was even able to convince my fiance to do this tag with me, so you’ll get to see his picks and opinions at the end. This tag was actually a lot of fun, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to die in this zombie apocalypse. I think Chad might have a better chance with his team.
Here is the original video if anyone would like to check it out.
- Pick 5 books (preferably ones you’ve read or know the characters).
- Write the name of the books on pieces of paper.
- Put the pieces of paper in a hat or container.
- Pull one piece of paper out to choose your first book.
- Open to a random page and use the first name you see to answer question 1 (under “Your Zombie Team”).
- Use the same book for question 2, but turn to a different page.
- Pull one piece of paper out to choose your second book.
- You will use your second book to answer questions 3 and 4.
- Your third book will answer questions 5 and 6.
- Forth book with answer questions 7 and 8.
- The fifth book will answer questions 9 and 10.
Your Zombie Team:
- Who is the first person to die?
- Who is the person you trip to get away from the zombies?
- Who is the first person to turn into a zombie?
- Who is the person that trips YOU to get away from the zombies?
- Who is the idiot of the team?
- Who is the “brains” of the team?
- Who is the team’s medic?
- Who is the weapons expert?
- Who is the brawler?
- Who is the Team Captain?
First Book: Lord of the Flies
1. Who is the first person to die? – Roger
- I’m pleased with this one. That sounds so terrible, but I really didn’t like him.
2. Who is the person you trip to get away from the zombies? – Piggy
- This is actually really sad. I’m such a horrible person for tripping Piggy, haha. He didn’t deserve it. Poor Piggy.
Second Book: Ender’s Game
3. Who is the first person to turn into a zombie? – Ender
- This would be shocking. If he is the first to turn into a zombie, I’m pretty sure the rest of us are doomed.
4. Who is the person that trips YOU to get away from the zombies? – Bean
- I always liked Bean, but I might have to reconsider that since he trips me.
Third Book: Anna Dressed in Blood
5. Who is the idiot of the team? – Thomas
- I don’t really see Thomas being the idiot of the team. I know he can put himself in some danger, but I don’t see him being the idiot.
6. Who is the “brains” of the team? – Carmel
- This is where my team starts heading down hill. While I think she can be smart, at times, I wouldn’t want her to be the “brains” of the team. It’s a bit scary thinking about it.
Fourth Book: The Raven Boys
7. Who is the team’s medic? – Maura
- This could be helpful. She might be able to save us. Maybe.
8. Who is the weapons expert? – Calla
- I’m not so sure about this one. She is spunky, but I’m not sure if she would be a weapons expert.
Fifth Book: Easy
9. Who is the brawler? – Dr. Heller
- . . . I’m not even sure about this one. If he is the best fighter we have, I think we should just hide . . . forever.
10. Who is the Team Captain? – Lucas
- I can see this. He probably had to take charge since our “brains” of the operation is Carmel and our brawler is Dr. Heller. I give us about a week or two of survival.
“I decided to participate in this as well but I’ve read far fewer books. I only know the characters in a few of the books on our shelves, so I only used 4 books (each the 1st in a series) instead of 5. The Way of Shadows, being from my favorite trilogy, was used twice. Brent Weeks and Orson Scott Card are my two favorite authors, and I have read these four books more than once each, so I am very familiar with and attached to these characters. It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to doing more of these in the future.” – Chad
First Book: The Black Prism
1. Who is the first person to die? – Liv
- I have no strong feelings either way. It would be sad to see Liv die, being very young and very nice, but I don’t feel our team will suffer from losing her.
2. Who is the person you trip to get away from the zombies? – Gaven/Dazen
- In all honesty I don’t think tripping either of them would do much. I think they’d be safe from zombies regardless but I guess I was feeling brave to even attempt such a thing.
Second Book: Ender’s Game
3. Who is the first person to turn into a zombie? – Ender Wiggin
- Well I guess our odds of defeating the zombies are significantly lower now. One of Earth’s greatest leaders being a zombie and all. But at least he probably wont be working against us.
4. Who is the person that trips YOU to get away from the zombies? – Peter Wiggin
- No surprise here. Peter is a ******. Good luck trying to take over the entire planet when 75% of the population is brain-dead and just wants to eat you!
Third Book: The Way of Shadows
5. Who is the idiot of the team? – Durzo Blint
- Hmm . . . he would make a far better weapons expert or brawler in my opinion, so it’s disappointing that he’s our idiot. Hopefully we can still get by.
6. Who is the “brains” of the team? – Regnus Gyre
- This is probably one of the best selections. Regnus Gyre is a very intelligent man in The Night Angel trilogy. I would have no problem with him making all the intelligent decisions.
Fourth Book: The Way of Shadows
7. Who is the team’s medic? – Kylar Stern
- I would say we’re safe with Kylar as our medic. He was trained by Durzo Blint in all things that can kill and in how to prevent death, so surely he would know how to take care of us. That said, if he was trained by the Durzo in our list, who is an idiot, I think we might be in trouble.
8. Who is the weapons expert? – Logan Gyre
- The son of the “brains” of our group being the weapons expert is a good thing. Logan liked to read a lot about history and battles so he would be well educated on weapons I’m sure. He would certainly be able to craft us some lethal contraptions. With two Gyres on our team the zombies best look out.
Fifth Book: Ender’s Shadow
9. Who is the brawler? – Sister Carlotta
- We have a nun as our brawler. I guess we intend to either convert the heathen zombies to our religion or fight them in a non-violent manner. Perhaps we should just stay hidden inside the church . . .
10. Who is the Team Captain? – Volescu
- While there are certainly better options for team captain, Volescu is a smart man and would probably make a good captain. He was very unethical, but anyone who can genetically engineer children to be extremely intelligent has to have some good qualities right?
Anyone who wants to do this tag. Let me know in the comments if you do because I would love to see others’ results.