I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Diana at Brilliantly Novel. This was really exciting and fun to do, and it’s an honor to be included with other great bloggers.
The Liebster Award is rewarded to up and coming blogs that currently have less than 200 followers, but I have heard that it’s also for blogs with less than 1,000 followers as well. The German word, Liebster, is translated in English to: Sweetest, Kindest, Dearest, etc.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Display the award somewhere on your blog.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger that nominated you.
5. Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
6. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. (You may nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.)
7. Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
Eleven Facts About Me:
- I’m an only child.
- I have a very sassy parakeet who thinks she rules the apartment. Her name is Zeus, as in this Zuse. It’s very complicated.
- I have a lot of hobbies (gaming, reading, writing, watching movies, painting, drawing, blogging).
- I graduated from college with a B.A. in English.
- I hope to one day write my own novel.
- My movie collection contains more than 600 movies, including Blu-rays, DVDs, VHS, Recorded DVDs, and Recorded VHS. (Let’s just say I really enjoy movies.)
- I didn’t bother getting my driver’s license until I was 18 years old.
- I’m very sensitive to gluten, latex, certain fruits, and until recently milk.
- I hate waiting for other people, but I tend to unintentionally cause people to wait for me.
- I’m terrified of any bug with more than six legs. I’m not sure why six legs is my limit, but spiders and centipedes make me want to pee myself.
- On that note, I’m actually a bit afraid of horses. Yeah, that’s just odd, haha.
Eleven Questions From Diana:
1. If you could take a vacation in any fictional world, where would you go?
- I know it’s not from a book, but I would love to vacation in ChalkZone. It would be a lot of fun to create whatever I wanted.
2. What is one book that you’ve always wanted to read, but haven’t?
- The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.
3. What two characters make up your favorite fictional couple? What book are they from?
- Landon and Jacqueline from Easy by Tammara Webber
4. More and more authors are posting playlists of songs that they listen to while writing a book. Are there any songs that remind you of a book that you’ve read?
- I’m not entirely sure why but “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic reminds me of Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
5. People are always asking about who your favorite heroes/heroines are, but who is your favorite villain/bad guy?
- Voldemort from the Harry Potter series.
6. If you could ask one author any question you wanted, who would you pick and what would your question be?
- This is a tough one. I would have to say Edgar Allan Poe, and I would ask him “How did you stay motivated to write?”
7. What is your most anticipated book of 2014?
- Breakable by Tammara Webber.
8. In the event of a disaster, if you could only save 3 books, which ones would you save?
- This is so hard! I would never want to choose, but if I had to, these would be the books:
9. What is one book that you read before you blogged that you would like to reread and review?
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
10. If you could pick the perfect cast, what book would you like to see turned into a movie and/or TV show?
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Would you rather have to survive a zombie apocalypse or be a tribute in the Hunger Games? Why?
- A zombie apocalypse. I highly doubt I would survive in the Hunger Games. At least in a zombie apocalypse, I could join a group of people, and we would all try to survive.
Eleven Questions For My Nominees:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. Which book (books) has been the most influential in your life?
3. If you could only choose one, who would your favorite book character be? Why?
4. What is your favorite book series?/What is your favorite standalone?
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 5 books would you need to survive?
6. Do you prefer buying your books in stores or online?
7. How do you choose to organize your bookshelf (by genre/author/size/color/etc.)?
8. If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and why?
9. What is your favorite genre?
10. What is your least favorite cliche?
11. Do you enjoy background noise while you read or do you need silence?